Login NowClose 
Sign In to wabashplaindealer.com           
Forgot Password
or if you have not registered since 8/22/18
Click Here to Create an Account
Close

Pulse of Wabash

INDOT closing part of Ind. 15

The Indiana Department of Transportation announces that Ind. 15 in Wabash County is scheduled to close for bridge maintenance on or after Monday, Jan. 7, weather permitting.

Beginning Monday, Ind. 15 will close between Reahard Road and C.R. 900 N. The road closure will allow the contractor to repair the bridge over Bear Grass Creek. The road is expected to remain closed through early February, weather permitting.

The official state detour is Ind.. 16 to Ind. 13 to Ind. 114.

The contract was awarded to R.L. McCoy for $1.2 million and includes the repair of various structures and roadways throughout the Fort Wayne District.

Women’s Clubhouse luncheon

The Women’s Clubhouse will host a luncheon on Tuesday, Jan. 8 at noon. There will be a program by Heather Allen on Mackinac Island. Reservations can be made until Sunday, Jan. 6 by calling Carol McDonald at (260) 563-2231.

Free museum tours

The Wabash County Historical Society will meet Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 at 7 p.m. at the Wabash County Historical Museum. Attendees will be treated to the “98% Museum Tour” conducted by T.J. Honeycutt of the Museum. As the other 2 percent is on display at the Museum, there will be a lot to see. The program is free and open to the public. Attendees should enter through the east door.

January birthday party

Thursday, Jan. 10, at 1 p.m. Featuring Mike Almon singing and playing guitar. Reservations requested at 260-563-4475. Living Well Winchester Center, 239 Bond St., Wabash.

Miller’s luncheon

Thursday, Jan. 17, 11 a.m. Make reservations by calling Living Well Winchester at 563-4475; 239 Bond Street, Wabash.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Honeywell

The president is coming to the Honeywell House and you’re invited! The 26th commander in chief, Theodore Roosevelt, portrayed by Hoosier native, Gib Young, will be on hand to help celebrate Mark Honeywell’s 149th birthday on Friday, Jan. 18, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. Guests will have the opportunity to mingle with the president and enjoy an intimate candlelit dinner.

Elvis is in the building

Celebrating the greatest entertainer of all time, The Elvis Tribute Artist Spectacular will take place at the Honeywell Center on Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019 at 3 p.m. Join Elvis impersonators Shawn Kush, Cody Ray Slaughter and Ryan Pelton as they perform in The Elvis Tribute Artist Spectacular. This concert celebrates the music of the Elvis Presley era, beginning with the early rock-a-billy years, his time in the military, his movie-making years and his 1968 Comeback Special in black leather. The show will close with the Las Vegas and concert years. Appearing as special guests will be The Blackwoods.

‘Ask a Teenager’

Tech Basics: Tuesday, Jan. 22 at 1 p.m.; for anyone with technology questions about your electronic devices. Sign up for a one on one session with Heartland Career Center students.

Speech and hearing as we age

Thursday, Jan. 24 at 11:30 a.m.; Presented by Speech Pathologist, Abriel Zerfas, of Parkview Wabash Hospital; at Living Well Winchester Center, 239 Bond Street in Wabash.

How to beat winter blues

Purdue Extension presents “Why Be Sad? How Beat the Winter Blues”; Thursday, Jan. 31, at 11:30; Living Well Winchester Center, 239 Bond St., Wabash.

Cancer care advocate

Cancer Care Advocate Every Friday: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. No appointment needed. Living Well Winchester Center, 239 Bond St. in Wabash. Supported by Hope Foundation.